Wednesday 15 January 2014

HAPPY 2014

Hello everyone and a very happy new year to you all, wishing you all a fantastic 2014.  I am very positive for this year, as last year was a horrible year for me.

At the end of last year I started a bear and posted pictures of all the pieces that I cut out.

Over Christmas and new year we had my brother visiting, so I decided not to work on my bear until he returned home as I had not seen him in 2 years.

we had a great time catching up and chatting about when we were kids.  we even went flying in my sister"s boyfriend Pete's microlight and plane my adult children really enjoyed it. Pete took me over the farm that we live in and even over the Mid Mar Dam in Howick in his plane, It was awesome. I was not brave enough for the mirolight but mayb next time I will give it a go.

It was sad to say goodbye to my brother last Monday 6 January 2014 when he left and went back to Parays O.F.S. that is in South Africa where he lives.

On Tuesday and Wednesday I stopped in to say happy new year and spent some time with Abby. Abby has a cute little shop on the premises where they have turned a beautiful old house into a restaurant which is called "23 on Tea" in Pietermaritzburg. I bought new fabric, The Australian Bear Creations magizine from her amoung other stuff. We chatted about bears etc and order cappachino and scones from the restaurant. I really enjoyed spending time with Abby.

Abby has really lovely furs of high quality.

Thursday I decided to carry on with my bear.

the fabric is Kohair very beautiful and soft to the touch and the paw pads is ultra suede without a baking very soft, this I bought from  Lynette Kennedy of  Fred-i-Bear in JHB some time ago. what I order Lynette will post to me, so no need to travel up to JHB.  I just love this Kohair fabric.

As I lost most of my bear making tools when I moved in June last year, I ordered the tools I needed from Lynette and some Kohair and Ultra suede this time in pink.  I am wanting to make a little pink elephant in that.  I am thinking of naming her thunder.

Back to the bear I am busy making.

Attached you will find a picture of his paws.  I have used a new technique for his feet and I am pleased with the end result. I am going to be using other techniques as well. I am thinking of giving him an open mouth.

I must say I am really enjoying experimenting with different techniques on this bear and positive he going to turn out great.

Below is a picture of his feet hope you all like them.

Hugs

Hal
 

2 comments: